Sunday, June 19, 2011

big love

For those that know me I am very close to my family, especially my parents. My mom is my best friend in the whole world and I am still daddy's little girl. I adore everything about my parents' relationship and am so blessed to come from a family with parents what have been happily married for 29 years (their anniversary is tomorrow). 

We grew up with a very happy and fun childhood. Our house was always full of laughter, pets (dogs, fish, hamsters, lizards, cats, you name it, we had it), sports, dancing, faith and encouragement. My parents always made it a point to support each other in everything we did. My sister was into the arts and singing, myself played soccer and my brother played travel baseball. Even though our interests were different we always went together to support the other and their hobby. As a child I know I complained going from baseball field to field and sitting through endless choral performances, but as an adult I cherish these memories that the five of us spent together. 

As I begin my life as a wife, I appreciate my rearing even more and am continuously inspired by successful couples and families around me. Michael also comes from a home of parents married 30+ years, who I absolutely adore. I hope as we find our stride as husband and wife, someone looks at our relationship in 30 years with the respect and adoration we have for theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment